Warner Bros. Japan began streaming more commercials the first volume of RWBY, which is due for release on December 9th with a soundtrack CD, original case art, booklet, illustration card and episodes 1-10 priced at 8,000 ($64.4) yen plus tax for the limited edition, 5,800 ($46,7) yen for standard Blu-ray and 4,800 ($38.6) yen for standard DVD.
A trailer previewing the Japanese dub was also revealed during Comiket 88:
The cast includes:
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) will voice Ruby Rose
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) is voicing as Weiss Schnee
- Yuu Shimamura (Annie Leonhart in Attack on Titan) voicing the role of Blake Belladonna
- Ami Koshimizu (Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill) as Yang Xiao Long
- Hiro Shimono (Akihisa Yoshii from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) as Jaune Arc
- Aya Suzaki (Kana Tachibana from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Nora Valkyrie
- Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy from Black Lagoon) as Pyrrha Nikos
- Saito Soma (Swallow Cratsvalley from Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki) as Lie Ren
- Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi Hatake from Naruto) as Ozpin
- Masumi Asano (Hakufu Sonsaku from Ikkitousen) as Glynda Goodwitch
- Subaru Kimura (Kanba Takakura from Mawaru Penguindrum) as Cardin Winchester
- Megumi Han (Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) as Penny
- Shin-ichiro Miki (Gintarou from Gingitsune) as Roman Torchiwick
RWBY (pronounced “Ruby“) is an American anime-influenced web series created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth Productions. The show is set in the fictional world of Remnant, which is filled with supernatural forces. The series focuses on Team RWBY, which consists of Ruby Rose (Lindsay Jones), Weiss Schnee (Kara Eberle), Blake Belladonna (Arryn Zech) and Yang Xiao Long (Barbara Dunkelman). The first episode was released on the Rooster Teeth website on July 18, 2013, following an exclusive screening at RTX. The second volume premiered on July 4, 2014, at RTX and to the general public on July 24, 2014.
Following its announcement, the show became a viral hit, resulting in many cosplays and fan adaptations. One of these adaptations, a video game titled RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, was later officially adopted by Rooster Teeth, and is currently under development.
On February 1, 2015, Monty Oum died as the result of a coma that was caused by an allergic reaction during a medical procedure. This left the future of the series uncertain for a brief period of time until voice actor Gray Haddock announced that the series will continue, and that Volume 3 will premiere in 2015 as planned.
You can visit the Japanese website of RWBY here: http://rwby.jp/