A new visual has been teased for the upcoming second season of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) anime. The TV anime itself will air this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season.
In addition to this, another visual has been featured as a poster in the June 2016 issue of NyanType. This issue can be purchased here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK) and you can view the other posters from this issue here.
The series has also been featured as a poster in the June 2016 issue of Megami. This issue can be purchased here (get 5% off with coupon code MOE-N3Y-4YW0QK) and you can view the other posters that come bundled in this issue here.
Here is the latest trailer for the movie, which also reveals the release date of April 23:
Latest visual for the upcoming movie:
The anime’s cast consist of:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, a Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, a Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date a total of 4 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation of the series was launched in November last year, by Ayano Takeda and Hami that is being published in Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Web magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2015 anime season by Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park) with Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) directing. The anime ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.