The official YouTube channel for Urobuchi Gen’s Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise film project, a high octane mecha and pilot save the world against a hacker from the computer world adventure, recently began streaming another “film making” video, this time featuring CG modeling and development in the creation of the film. It is the fourth in its series and is filled with a few scenes that entice the viewer to watch the movie. The previous three videos feature other parts of the creation of the film, hence the name.
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise Film Making Volume 4:
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise Film Making Volume 1:
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise Film Making Volume 2:
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise Film Making Volume 3:
The film stars Kugimiya Rie (Aisaka Taiga from Toradora) as the female protagonist, Angela, and Shinichiro Miki (Mikisugi Aikuro from Akame ga Kill) as Dingo a.k.a. Zarik Kajiwara. Hiroshi Kamiya (Arararagi Koyomi from Bakemonogatari) will voice Frontier Setter, a hacker from the computer world challenging real life. Additional cast members include Megumi Hayashibara, Minami Takayama, Kotono Mitsuishi, Aoi Inaba, Hisao Egawa, Noriko Uemura, Kenta Miyake, Daisuke Endou, Chika Anzai, Yûsuke Handa, Sota Arai, Ryōsuke Kanemoto, Ryohei Arai, Yukiko Morishita, Seira Ryū, Yuri Noguchi, Shintaro Ogawa, and Marumi Koike. Tohru Furuya will make a cameo performance.
The production cast includes:
Director: Mizushima Seiji (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Script Writer: Urobuchi Gen (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Character Design : Saitou Masatsugu
- Main Conceptual & Visual Design : Uetsu Yasuyoshi
- Mechanical Design : Ishigaki Junya
- Sculpture Design : Apsy Masaki
- Graphic Design : Kusano Tsuyoshi
- Conceptual Consultant & Conceptual Design : Ogura Shinya
- Storyboard : Mizushima Seiji / Kyoda Tomoki
- CG Directors : Kaneko Tomoaki / Ao Naoki
- Modeling Director : Yokokawa Kazumasa
- Color Designer : Murata Eriko
- Motion Graphic Artists : Miyahara Yohei / Sato Natsuko
- Art Director : Nomura Masanobu
- Composite Supervisor : Hayashi Kojiro
- Editing : Yoshitake Masato
- Sound Director : Mima Masafumi (Techno Sound)
- Sound Effects : Kurahashi Shizuo (Sound Box)
- Music : NARASAKI
- Animation Producer : Yoshioka Hiroki
- Producer : Noguchi Koichi
- Animation Production : Graphinica
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise was released in Japan on November 15th, 2014. It is planned to be distributed in 15 theaters across the US on December 13th, 2014 by Aniplex USA.
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise Visual:
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise synopsis from Haruhichan:
Expelled From Paradise follows Angela, a girl in her twenties, who was raised in a Matrix-like computer system on a space station orbiting a post-apocalyptic Earth. But after a hacker from the devastated planet below breaks into the system, she is tasked with finding and stopping the hacker in the real world. To do this, she is transferred into a clone body, given a mech, and told to meet up with Dingo, an agent living on Earth.
Thus begins her fish-out-of-water tale as she not only finds herself in a strange land she knows nothing about but also has to deal with a life trapped in a body that, unlike her digital one, requires food and rest. Together, Dingo and Angela travel across the frontier-like ruined Earth, trying to solve the mystery of the hacker’s identity and his true goals.