A brand new visual and promotional video for the second Kyoukai no Kanata Movie has been released on the official website of the Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) anime. The second film will be titled Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen and will release in Japan on April 25.
Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen is the second film in Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here, and is a direct sequel to the 2012 anime series. The first film, subtitled Kako-hen (The Past), is a compilation film of the entire TV anime series remastered for cinema that was released last month on March 15th.
The second promotional video for Mirai-hen was also released:
The anime’s website has revealed the main theme of Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen. The song will be titled “Aitakatta Sora” (“I Want to Meet the Sky”) and will be sung by Minori Chihara, who voices Mitsuki Nase in the series. The single of the song will be sold later in the year for ¥1,800 (~ $15 USD). The OST of the anime will be also be sold around the time frame of the film’s release, which will be composed by Hikaru Nanase once again, and will cost ¥3,500 (~ $29.50 USD). It will come in a two CD case with a special jacket.
A new batch of advance tickets for Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here was also revealed. The tickets for Mirai-hen are soon closing selling for ¥1,500 (~ $12.60 USD, and will be bundled with a special A4 sheet that is separated into 4 slots to be used as bookmarks.
The Mirai-hen bundle:
The main cast was earlier revealed and includes:
- Risa Taneda (Aya Komichi in Kiniro Mosaic) will reprise her role as Mirai Kuriyama
- KENN (Hibito Nanba from Uchuu Kyoudai) will return as Akihito Kanbara
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) back as Mitsuki Nase
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana in Free!) returning as Hiroomi Nase
- Ayako Kawasumi (Saber from Fate/stay night) back as Izumi Nase
- Masaya Matsukaze (Yasunori Kuroki in Nodame Cantabile) will voice Miroku Fujima
- Akeno Watanabe (Rito Yuuki from To LOVE-Ru) as Shizuku Ninomiya
The main staff members returning for the movie are as follows:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Nichijou Assistant Director)
- Script Writer and Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Love Live! School idol project)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Music Composer: Hikaru Nanase (Infinite Stratos, Galaxy Angel)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Free!)
A commercial and first teaser trailer for the film released late last year for the two films:
Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) is a light novel series written by Nagomu Torii and illustrated by Tomoyo Kamoi. The series was first an entry in Kyoto Animation’s Award program in 2011, where it received an honourable mention. The series began being published in 2012 in Kyoto Animation’s KA Esma Bunko imprint. To date there has been a total of 3 volumes published. The series received a TV anime adaptation from Kyoto Animation (K-ON!, Free!) in Fall/Spring 2013, which was directed by Taichi Ishidate (first director role). A few OVAs and a website series were also released following the TV anime, with the prequel OVA out now.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.
The second film in the Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here series, Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen, is set after the events of the anime and will be releasing in Japanese theatres on April 25. Further information about the film will be revealed soon.
Source – Kyoukai no Kanata Anime Website