North American anime distributor and licensor Funimation have announced that they will be bringing the Psycho-Pass: Movie to North American theatres in March this year. The dates and locations will be revealed at a later date.
Here is the film’s English subtitled trailer that was released for its Singapore release:
The anime’s production staff includes the following:
- Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass, Psycho-Pass 2 Supervisor)
- Director: Naoyoshi Tadayoshi (Psycho-Pass, Psycho-Pass 2)
- Original Story and Screenplay Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Psycho-Pass, Fate/Zero)
- Screenplay: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass Script Writer)
- Character Designer: Akira Amano (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
- Anime Character Designer: Kyoji Asano (Psycho-Pass, Attack on Titan)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Naoyuki Onda (Ergo Proxy, Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
- Music Composer: Yugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
- Animation Production: Production I.G (Kuroko no Basket, Ghost in the Shell)
Psycho-Pass is an original animation from Production I.G. The Sci-fi, crime solving anime began airing from October 2012 and ended in March 2013. The series was directed by first timer Naoyoshi Shiotani, with the story being written by veteran Gen Urobuchi and the characters designed by Akira Amano. The series has received a manga and light novel adaptation, that began publishing in November 2012 and February 2013 respectively. Additionally, an Xbox One game based on the series is currently in development
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person’s state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term “Psycho-Pass” refers to a standard used to measure an individual’s being. The story centers around the “enforcement officer” Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person’s emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person’s criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.
This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.