A new key visual for anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda’s Sound! Euphonium (Hibike! Euphonium) light novel series has been featured as a poster in the August issue of NyanType. The new visual features Reina Kousaka and Kumiko Oumae spending some quality time together. This issue of NyanType can be purchased here.
Another visual of a certain memorable scene from episode 8 where Kumiko Oumae and Reina Kousaka are together was revealed in the July issue of NyanType as a poster. This issue of NyanType can be purchased here.
The cast members for the anime include:
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Haruka Ogasawara, the Saxophone player
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) voices the role of Kaori Nakaseko, who plays the Trumpet
- Haruki Ishiya (Ayumu Kominato in Selector Infected WIXOSS) voices the role of Shuuichi Takamoto, the Trombone player
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, the Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, the Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Original: Takeda Ayano
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad)
- Series Composition: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-On!)
- Character Design: Shoko Ikeda (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Art Director: Shinohara Mutsuo (Clannad)
- Color Design: Takeda Akiyo (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Instrument Design: Takahashi Hiroyuki
- Director of Photography: Takao Kazuya
- Sound Director: Tsuruoka Yota (Bakemonogatari)
- Music: Matsuda Akito (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Animation Production: Kyoto Animation (Amagi Brilliant Park, Kyoukai no Kanata, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Sound! Euphonium Welcome to Kitauji High School’s Musical Instrument Club is a Japanese novel by Ayano Takeda, published on December 5, 2013 by Takarajimasha. The story focuses on the Kitauji High School Music Club, which is steadily improving thanks to the newly appointed adviser’s strict instruction. An anime adaptation has been announced.
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.