The first promotional video for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s manga Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) has been uploaded. The Shokugeki no Souma anime will be airing sometime during April 2015.
The main cast are as follows:
- Makoto Furukawa (Kamito Kazehaya in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Sora Amamiya (Akame from Akame ga Kill!) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Kana Hanazawa (Akane Tsunemori in Psycho-Pass) as Megumi Tadokoro
The first staff members of the production crew that will be producing the anime have also been revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Takashi Watanabe (Freezing, Shakugan no Shana)
- Series Composer: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Black Butler: Book of Circus, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)
- Animation Studio: J.C.Staff (Shakugan no Shana, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S)
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 9 compiled volumes released, with the 10th volume releasing in Japan on November 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from Haruhichan:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?