A new visual of the recently released Charlotte anime has been featured as a double page spread in the August 2015 issue of Dengeki G’s Magazine. This issue of Dengeki G’s Magazine can be purchased here.
The July issue of NewType also featured a visual of the anime before it broadcasted:
The Charlotte anime premiered on Tokyo MX on Saturday, July 4th at midnight, effectively making it air on Sunday, July 5th.
The anime’s staff includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess and Soul Eater Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Tari Tari)
- Original Character Designer: Na-Ga (Clannad, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer and Screenplay Writer: Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!, Clannad)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
Here is the second newly revealed visual, which reveals a darker theme to the anime:
Charlotte is a Japanese anime television series produced by P.A.Works and Aniplex and directed by Yoshiyuki Asai. The series, which is written by Jun Maeda with original character design by Na-Ga, is the second original anime project created by visual novel brand Key following the 2010 series Angel Beats!. The anime began airing in Japan on July 4, 2015, and is simulcast by Crunchyroll and Animax Asia in South and Southeast Asia. A manga adaptation illustrated by Haruka Komowata began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki G’s Comic.
Synopsis of Charlotte from Haruhichan:
Very few adolescent boys and girls have an onset of special abilities. Yuu Otosaka uses his ability unbeknownst to others in order to lead a satisfying school life. And then, a girl named Nao Tomori suddenly appears before him. Their encounter reveals the destiny for wielders of special abilities.