On March 1st, 2015, the official website for the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works anime announced that the highly acclaimed Kalafina will be returning to perform the second season’s ending theme song, “Ring Your Bell.” Kalafina previously performed the ending theme “Believe” for the first season of the anime. Kalafina has featured songs in other anime as well, such as Aldnoah Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Fate/Zero. “Ring Your Bell” will be released for purchase on May 13th, 2015.
The main cast of the anime, many of them returning veterans, has been previously announced:
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto) will return as the voice of Shirou Emiya
- Kana Ueda (Hayate Yagami in Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A’s) will be voicing lead heroine Rin Tohsaka
- Ayako Kawasumi (Kazumi Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Saber
- Junichi Suwabe (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez from Bleach) as Archer
- Noriko Shitaya (Haruko Amaya in Maken Ki!) will voice Sakura Matou
- Joujii Nakata (Alucard from Hellsing) voices Kirei Kotomine
- Nobutoshi Canna (Masato Inohara from Little Busters!) as Lancer
The production team as well:
- Director: Takahiro Miura (Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon)
- Character Designers: Tomonori Sudou (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai series), Hisayuki Tabata (Yuyushiki), Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/Zero, Hataraku Maou-sama!)
- Color Key Artists: Emi Chiba (Fate/Zero), Mika Matsuoka (Fate/Zero)
- Art Director: Koji Eto (Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass)
- Director of Photography: Yuichi Terao (Fate/Zero)
- 3D Director: Kojiro Shishido (Fate/Zero)
- Music Composer: Hideyuki Fukasawa (Vividred Operation)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin)
Fate/stay night season 2’s PV was also recently released:
Fate/stay night is a visual novel that was released by Type-Moon for the PC in 2004, and is the first in the Fate series. The visual novel was very successful and claimed the title of highest selling visual novel of the year. 2006 saw two adaptations of the game, a manga by Datto Nishiwaki and an anime series by Studio Deen. Additionally in that year, a light novel series titled Fate/Zero was written by Gen Urobuchi. It is a prequel to the visual novels, set 10 years prior. An anime and manga adaptation of Fate/Zero were created, with the manga written by Urobuchi himself in 2011 and the anime being animated by ufotable. A second season of Fate/Zero was also produced.
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works synopsis from Haruhichan:
Raised by a mysterious sorcerer after the horrific death of his parents, Shiro Emiya has only just begun to help others using the small tidbits of magic that he’s learned. However, when he’s suddenly caught in a battle between two more powerful Magus, Shiro finds himself performing a spell above his expected ability, summoning the beautiful spirit warrior Saber to protect him! But safety is only momentary as Shiro and Saber now find themselves thrust into in a secret world of dark magic and deadly challenges: a no-holds barred duel to the death known as the Holy Grail War! At stake: a prize of unimaginable power. But can the inexperienced Shiro and Saber survive long enough to even enter the contest? First they’ll have to withstand waves of treachery and assassination, even as Shiro scrambles to learn everything he’ll need to know to stay alive as seven teams of Magus and Spirit Servants face off in mortal combat!
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works‘ second season will be airing in April, during the Spring 2015 Anime season.
Source: Fate/Stay Night Official Website