On December 22nd, 2014, Kadokawa began streaming the first promotional trailer for the upcoming Kantai Collection anime’s Blu-Ray and DVD release. The trailer features the opening theme from the anime, Miiro, by AKINO from bless4 (Amagi Brilliant Park). The Blu-Ray and sets will ship on March 27, 2015, for 7,600 yen and the DVD ones for 6,600 yen. A standard DVD edition will also be availabe for 5,600 yen. They will include an exclusively recorded voice for disk navigation, a “classified blueprints” information collection, a reproduction of the storyboards, a three-sided box decorated with an original illustration, a digipack, a Weiβ Schwarz PR card, an original illustration card, a no credit opening, and an application for a special event.
First Promo for Kantai Collection Blu-Ray and DVD Release:
There will be an advanced screening of the first episode of the anime on December 27 at the Shinjuku Piccadilly theatre in Tokyo; the screening will be taking reservations for the first Blu-ray and DVD volume of the Kantai Collection: Kan Colle anime that will release on March 27th, 2015. There will also be a draw for attendees for a B2 Poster prize that commemorate you being at the screening. There will be limited quantites of the poster in the lottery. Here is a preview of the poster:
The first and second PVs for the Kantai Collection anime itself were previously released as well:
Kantai Collection is an anime adaptation of the popular online, card browser game Kantai Collection. The game launched in April last year and currently has more than 1.7 million players. The game centers around naval card battles, where naval ships are represented by “Fleet Girls”. The battles are automated for the most part, where the main meat of the game being the strategy, card collecting and grinding. The game is very popular, with a slew of merchandising being released after the game’s release; from table top games to manga, and light novels to this anime adaptation. A PlayStation Vita title is currently in production.
The three leading cast members that were previously revealed include:
- Sumire Uesaka as Kuchikukan Fubuki (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Saki Fujita as Kuubo Akagi (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet)
- Yuka Iguchi as Kuubo Kaga (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer)
The anime’s production staff was also revealed:
- Planning: Takeshi Yasuda (Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu, Tokyo ESP)
- Story concept: Kensuke Tanaka
- Producer: Shinichiro Inoue (Another)
- Character Design: Naomi Ide (Akuma no Riddle, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
- Chief Animation Director: Mayuko Matsumoto (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Astarotte no Omocha!, Senhime Zesshou Symphogear)
- Mechanical Design: Tsutomu Miyazawa (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS), Kōta Morishi
- Creature Design: Tsubasa Shimizu
- Effects Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Art Director: Maho Takahashi (Amagami SS, Nobunagun, Seto no Hanayome)
- Color Design: Shuji Kameimura
- CG Director: Eiji Inomoto (Accel World, Black Lagoon, Infinite Stratos)
- CG Modeling Director: Hideki Kawabata
- CG Production: Orange
- Director of Photography: Yasuyuki Itou (Black Rock Shooter (TV), NouCome, Akuma no Riddle)
- Editing: Yuuji Oka (Campione!, Fairy Tail, Grenadier)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Kokoro Connect)
- Sound Production: Glovision (Another, Blood-C, Date A Live)
- Music: Kameoka Natsumi (Inazuma Eleven Go vs Danball Senki W, Inazuma Eleven Go: Chrono Stone)
- Music Production: Flying Dog (Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, Date A Live, Space Dandy)
The anime’s Opening theme and Ending theme were also revealed. The OP will be “Miiro” performed by AKINO from the band bless4 (Amagi Brilliant Park) and the anime’s ED will be “Fubuki” by Shiena Nishizawa.
Kantai Collection synopsis from Haruhichan:
TV adaptation of the online browser card battle game.
Kantai Collection: Kan Colle will begin airing on January 7th, 2015, on Tokyo MX during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.