The official website for the anime adaptation of Takaya Kagami’s dark fantasy manga Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) has revealed that the series will premiere on April 4, 2015. The website also revealed the opening theme song will be performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Gemie and titled X.U. while the ending theme song will be titled scaPEGoat by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Yosh. The single is scheduled for release on May 20.
The third key visual was also revealed:
In addition to this, more cast were revealed on the website and are as follows:
- Aoi Yuuki (Hana Oshiroi from Ben-To) as Kururu Tepes
- Kenichi Suzumura (Sougo Okita from Gintama) as Crowley Eusford
Previously announced cast members include:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga from Code Geass) as Yuichiro Hyakuya
- Kensho Ono (Souji Okita from Bakumatsu Rock) as Mikaela Hyakuya
- Yuichi Nakamura (Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail) as Glen Ichinose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) as Felid Bathory
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) as Shinoa Hiiragi
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist) as Yoichi Saotome
- Kaito Ishikawa (Mitsuo Yanagisawa from Golden Time) as Shiho Kimizuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei from Girls und Panzer) as Mitsuba Sangu
The confirmed staff were revealed earlier and are as follows:
- Director: Daisuke Tokutsuchi
- Assistant Director: Masashi Koizuka (Attack on Titan)
- Script: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Zankyou no Terror)
- Character Designs: Satoshi Kadowaki
- Visual Development Art: Hiroki Shinagawa (Kemonogari)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Hal, Hoozuki no Reitetsu)
A trailer was streamed last December that reveals that the anime will run in two split cours next year: from April to June and then from October to December.
Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) is a Japanese dark fantasy manga series written by Takaya Kagami and illustrated by Yamato Yamamoto with storyboards by Daisuke Furuya. It is published by Shueisha on Jump Square and in English by Viz Media on Weekly Shonen Jump. Takaya Kagami and Yamato Yamamoto launched the dark fantasy series in Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine in fall 2012. Shueisha published the sixth volume on September 4, and new volumes have regularly ranked on Oricon’s top 50 chart. An anime adaption was announced on August 28, 2014.
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world’s dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.
Source: Owari no Seraph official website