It was announced at the AnimeJapan event, that the creators of the Senran Kagura franchise are currently producing a new mixed media project titled Valkyrie Drive project, which includes a TV anime, a home console game and a mobile game.
The first entry into the project is a TV anime series titled Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- and is being tagged as a
beautiful girl sexy battle action anime
The anime itself will be directed by Hiraku Kaneko (Seikon no Qwaser, Maken-Ki! Two), with Yousuke Kuroda (Trigun, High School of the Dead) handling the series composition, and the series being produced by Studio ARMS (Elfen Lied, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha).
The main cast of the anime were revealed and includes:
- Mikako Izawa (Satsuki Kashiwaba from Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita.) voicing as Mamori Shoujo
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) who voices Mirei Shikishima
Here is the first PV for the anime that also previews the Opening theme song Oh No, Oh No sung by Hitomi Harada:
The next project is a home console title called Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- that is tagged as:
Girls use their bodies as weapons
The game itself will be developed by Meteorise and published by Marvelous.
The cast of the games include:
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) voicing as Rinka Kagurazaka
- Kanae Itou (Yui in Sword Art Online) as Ranka Kagurazaka
The final installment in the project is the free to play mobile game Valkyrie Drive -Siren-, a
beautiful girl sexy social game
The cast of the game includes:
- Azusa Tadokoro (Fino Bloodstone in Yuushibu) will voice Urara Sashou
- Ayaka Ohashi (Uzuki Shimamura from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) is voicing Setsuna Kisaragi
Further information about all three titles in the Valkyrie Drive project will be revealed in the upcoming issue of Kadokawa’s Weekly Famitsu.