Animax Germany have revealed that they will be broadcasting the first episode of the Digimon Adventure tri. anime on November 22nd, one day following its release in Japan.
The first episode of Digimon Adventure tri. will air on Animax Japan this Sunday, at 8:15pm CET. The anime has been allocated a 110 minute timeslot and will have Japanese audio and German subtitles. It will only be available to users who have Sky. The episode itself will be out in Japan the day before, Saturday the 21st, in cinemas across the country. The Blu-ray of the anime will be out on December 18.
In addition to this, the first commercial for the upcoming first episode of the 6 part Digimon Adventure tri. series has been aired on Tokyo MX. The new video showcases new footage and designs of the Digidestined of the upcoming sequel, set 6 years after the end of the original Digimon Adventure anime. The video also previews the new rendition of the anime’s main theme, “Butter-fly” by Kouji Wada.
In related news, the Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series has been featured in the December 2015 issue of Animedia as a poster. This issue of Animedia can be purchased here and you can view the other posters that came in this issue here.
In addition to this, two new poster visuals has been revealed in the November issue of Animedia and NewType for the upcoming Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series. The first visual is from the November issue of NewType which can be purchased here.
In addition to this, a new video has been streamed for the upcoming Digimon Adventure tri. anime film series. The new video is a preview of the anime’s Opening sequence, which uses the new rendition of the first season’s main theme, “Butter-fly” by Kouji Wada.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode, Saikai (Reunion), releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. The Blu-ray release of the first episode will be out in Japan on December 18.
In addition to this, a new visual of the series was featured September issue of Animedia for the upcoming Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series as a poster. The new poster is promoting the first film, Reunion.
The magazine also featured a double page spread with information about the characters from the series.
- Yagami Hikari – 2nd year in middle school. She’s popular with the boys in her brother’s soccer club due to her cute charm. She loves ice cream. Her Digimon partner is Tailmon.
- Takaishi Takeru – 2nd year in middle school. He appears to be popular with the girls in school. While he lives separately from his brother due to their parents’ circumstances, they get along very well. His Digimon partner is Patamon.
- Kido Jou- 3rd year in high school. He attends prep school to prepare for university exams and is engrossed with studying daily but worries because he isn’t getting the grades that he wants. His Digimon partner is Gomamon.
- Tachikawa Mimi – 1st year in high school. She has a cheerful, expressive personality. Currently she is living away from Japan, in America. Her Digimon partner is Palmon.
- Izumi Koushiro- 1st year in high school. He is skilled at computers and has both the ability to analyze and understand situations. Sometimes he gets so absorbed with what’s in front of him that he ignores everything else. His Digimon partner is Tentomon.
- Ishida Yamato – 2nd year in high school. Even as a high school student, he continues to be in a band as bass and vocals, as he had in middle school. His Digimon partner is Gabumon.
- Takenouchi Sora – 2nd year in high school. She acts as the “big sister” who organizes/settles the group of Chosen Children. She is classmates with Taichi. Her Digimon partner is Piyomon.
- Yagami Taichi – 2nd year in high school. He is part of the soccer club in school and continues to fervently train for soccer every day, but lately has started to decide on his career path. His Digimon partner is Agumon.
The new visual features the two main Digi-destined, Taichi “Tai” Yagami and Yamato “Matt” Ishida, riding the fusion of their two Digimon, Omegamon (Omnimon) as it battles with Alphamon. In the other anime series, both are members of the Royal Knights, the guardians of the Digital World. The reason for the two to fight has yet to been revealed.
The official website of the Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary has been updated with new character visuals, and chance to win tickets for Digimon Adventure Fes. 2015. It was also revealed that an event will be held on August 1 at the Toyosu PIT concert hall, which will look back at Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 and showcase a new preview of Digimon Adventure Tri.
The first footage of Digimon Adventure tri. has been recently released which has revealed lots of new information about the upcoming series. It has revealed that the anime will be released in Japanese cinemas and will run for a total of 6 episodes. The first episode will be titled Saikai (Reunion). An event will be held on August 1st which will have a special screening of the anime’s first episode, before being released in Japanese cinemas on November 21st this year.
The cast members of the 8 Digi-destined have also been revealed. The voice actors and actresses from the previous anime will not return and will instead include a new cast:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi “Tai” Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato “Matt” Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
Recently the official website also revealed a new key visual for the series. In addition to this, it has also been revealed that the Kouji Wada will return to do the opening theme song “Butter-Fly” while Miyazaki Ayumi will return to perform “Brave Heart” for the insert song. The Digimon cast will remain the same.
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure Tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
The Spring 2015 anime will be set 6 years after the end of the original series, and 3 years after Digimon Adventure 02. The newly announced anime will be produced by Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece) and follow 17 year old Tai who is currently in high school with Agumon. Toei Animation released the first teaser video about the new series:
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. And this year, will mark the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure.
Only time will tell whether if Davis or any of the other characters from Digimon Adventure 02 will appear in the upcoming anime. Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. An advanced screening of the episode will be revealed at Digi-Festa on August 1st. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Source: Otaku Tale