A series that needs absolutely no introduction – one of the staples of almost any childhood, Dragon Ball’s latest addition Dragon Ball Super‘s OP track “Chouzetsu☆Dynamic!” by Kazuya Yoshii is one that will bring out the “feels” in you. The upbeat, catchy one is one you’ll likely find yourself humming if you choose to follow the series. An opening animation showing both old faces and new in a much improved art style – Dragon Ball Super looks promising. Various new villains and even a flash of Goku’s SSJG form tease the upcoming action. Check the video out for yourself below!
An arguably faster paced track, ED: “Hello Hello Hello” by Good Morning America makes for a fun tune to listen to as the ending sequence plays. Also showing the characters, however in a more peaceful setting, it’s a nice way to cap off an episode. Click below to watch it!
Dragon Ball Super began airing from July 5 at 9:00am JST on Fuji TV, which replaced the timeslot for Dragon Ball Z Kai.
Dragon Ball Super visual:
- Masako Nozawa (Tetsuro Hoshino in Ginga Tetsudou 999) returns to voice Goku
- Masako Nozawa will also be voicing Gohan
- Masako Nozawa also voices Goten
- Ryo Horikawa (Heiji Hattori from Detective Conan) as Vegeta
- Takeshi Kusao (Dororo from Keroro Gunsou) is voicing Trunks
- Toshio Furukawa (Ataru Moroboshi in Urusei Yatsura) voices Piccolo
- Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy Monkey D. in One Piece) is back as Krillin
- Masaharu Satou (Woll Dolnard in Maze☆Bakunetsu Jikuu) voices the role of Master Roshi
- Hiromi Tsuru (Dokin-chan in Sore Ike! Anpanman) will voice Bulma
- Naoko Watanabe (Catty in Gall Force) is voicing Chi-Chi
- Yuko Minaguchi (Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon S) as Videl
- Unshou Ishizuka (Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop) will voice Mr. Hercule/Mr. Satan
- Kouzou Shioya (Mondo Agake in Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ) returns as Majin Buu
- Koichi Yamadera (Togusa in Ghost in the Shell) is back to voice Beerus
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach) voices Whis
The new series will feature an original story by Akira Toriyama, the creator of the initial Dragon Ball manga. Dragon Ball Super will premiere this July on Fuji TV and will air weekly.
The story will take place chronologically after the Majin Buu Saga arc, which is currently airing in a remastered version that adheres more to the original manga. Titled Dragon Ball Kai, the TV anime began airing in April 2014 and will complete in June 2015, just prior to Dragon Ball Super. This series is a continuation of the original Dragon Ball reboot, also titled Dragon Ball Kai, which aired between April 2009 and March 2011.
Here is the synopsis of the original series from MAL:
Bulma is a girl in search of the mystical Dragonballs that when brought together grant any wish. In her search she bumps into the owner of one of these balls, a strange boy named Goku. The two then set off together, Bulma in search of the Dragonballs and Goku on a quest to become stronger.